Want to put a little pizzazz in your gifts this year? Really WOW the recipient before they even open the package?? Me too!! So I found 15 festive gift wrap ideas that will make our presents way more fun! And the best part is – they are EASY and INEXPENSIVE!!
1. Wrap with basic brown craft paper and decorate with scrapbook elements! Washi tape, glittered numbers, mini pennant banners and 3-D stickers can all be found in the scrapbooking section of craft stores like Michaels.
2. Santa’s Suit!! This is absolutely perfect for presents from Santa! And it is so easy to make – all you need is red wrapping paper, black duct tape, and gold duct tape (or gold washi tape will work too).
3. Use paper instead of ribbon – genius!! I found this awesome etsy seller who sells paper ribbon and even has coordinating gift labels. I love this idea because I am seriously bow-challenged, lol! Plus, if you have to transport gifts anywhere, you don’t risk squishing the bow!
4. Reindeer packages – adorable! I’m not sure it’s possible to get any easier than this, lol. All you do is wrap with brown craft paper, use markers to draw the face, and glue on a red pom-pom. If you were feeling extra ambitious you could even make some antlers out of card stock
5. Washi Tape – OK, maybe this is even easier than #4! Seriously, all you do is wrap some strips of washi tape around your package and you’re done! Think of all the possibilities! I think it would look best with solid wrapping paper, and there are so many colors and patterns of washi tape to choose from. Love this!
6. I am really loving the simplicity of wrapping with brown craft paper. There are just so many ways to dress it up! Ribbon and stamps is all you need to achieve this look.
7. Use Photos! How cute is this?! Instead of big bows and gift tags, slap a photo on there!
8. Use yarn and jute instead of ribbon. Both are cheaper and look pretty darn cute! And, there’s no need for a bow!
9. Monograms! Use cute scrapbook paper to cut out the letters – very cute way to personalize packages. To dress them up a bit more, tie some colorful bakers twine around them.
10. Use fun scrapbook paper or ever fabric swatches to dress up solid colored wrapping paper. Then tie on a glittered letter to personalize
11. Use newspaper, bakers twine and cute gift tags.
12. Pom-Poms! This is so cute! All you need is yarn and pom-poms. You can find pom-poms already made at craft stores, or you can make your own.
13. I always love polka dots! Cut out cute shapes from polka dot scrapbook paper and add some bakers twine.
14. Chevron!! I adore chevron and I love this simple look of a cute chevron, yarn or colored jute and a gift tag
15. DIY Gift Bags – use scalloped scissors or an edge punch to decorate the top of the paper sack and add some cute gift tags. You can also use little envelope bags with cute gift tags to hold gift cards.
And I just thought this was a super cute way to make gift tags with washi tape!! I know the picture says ornaments, but you can totally use these to embellish packages too!
Hope you’ve been inspired to pretty up your packages!! For more gift wrap inspiration, visit us on Pinterest!
And don’t forget to GRAB YOUR FREE PRINTABLES!